Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
This is my first post from my new lap top... how exciting! I really am enjoying it. I'm on it all the time. :)
But, I have been doing other things since Man of La Mancha. Of course there was my birthday; very exciting. I can't believe I'm 15 years old. It definitely feels good. So, besides my lap top, I got to go shopping for clothes. This was the weekend right before my birthday, but still. On that Saturday I went to the mall with my good friend Abby. I bought four shirts that I absolutely love. The next day I went to Kohl's with my mom, and I got a pair of purple corduory pants, 2 hoodies, and a pair of nice, warm slippers. It was a very satisfying birthday.
Although Man of La Mancha is over, and I didn't make the Christmas show (It's really okay; it's a 30 minute, student written play that's performed for elementary school kids, so I wasn't too upset about not making it) I've still been rehearsing. The Madrigal Dinner, something that choir puts on, is happening next month, and I'm serving in it. I'm really excited because I've always loved the Madrigal Dinner. I've also been helping with sets for the Christmas show; I still need to be eager to help, and I'm racking up the thespian points, and that has been a lot of fun. Especially since my friend Helana is doing it, and she's moving right after school ends for the holidays, so we get to have some quality time together. I've got to paint a lot of pieces, which is really cool.
I'm still having as much fun as ever with my friends. A couple weekends ago my friend Kara had a sort of a girl's night in at her house. It really fun. Just last weekend, I had a sleepover, and that was also fun. So, everything's going well on the social side of things.
School is also going well. The only class I really have any concern about is biology, because I really don't like science in the first place, and it's nearly impossible for my monotone teacher to keep my attention in that class. But, I'll study as hard as I can for the final, and hopefully everything will turn out well. As I said, all my other classes are pretty good, even geometry.
The biggest excitement of late though, is that the Twilight movie FINALLY came out! It premiered last weekend and I've already seen it twice. I'm planning on at least one more time, with my mom, because she just started reading the books. That also got me to reread the series, because I decided to ask for the books as a late birthday present (I had only borrowed them from a friend before) and I forgot how addicting they are. I'm a little obsessed, but there aren't many teenage girls anymore who aren't obsessed with it. If you don't know what Twilight is, I'm sorry. It's a book series (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn) that, in general, is a vampire romance. They really are great books. :) The movie was actually pretty good for a book movie, but I'm still a little unsure about my complete opinion. I'm going to have to see it about 10 more times first. :P
Maybe my lap top will motivate and remind me to post more? Who knows. Nontheless, happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Kerry2279 said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG (the G's stand for goodness ;-) I am OBSESSED with Twilight now. I saw the movie and then of course I had to read the books so I did all of that in like a 3 day period. Seriously I have a problem. :-) I really want my own Edward. Preferably looking exactly like he does in the movie. When he first walks in I almost fainted. And then in biology when she stands in front of the fan....or when he plays the piano, or when they are in the trees. Oh and I really like the baseball scene too. Like I said...obsessed. Oh well there are worse afflictions. I am in Rome today and to celebrate Thanksgiving I got a Big Mac. I really didn't have any other choice seeing as Turkey is not a very popular meat around here. I am sad I missed Thanksgiving at home but I am going to try and convince my mother to make the same meal for Christmas dinner. So all will be fine. Also, you need to tell me what model your laptop is because I am a computer geek. My laptop's motherboard is failing which is definitely not a good thing considering it is another limb for me. I am not exaggerating, without it I am lost. Luckily it is under the Duke warranty and I am hoping that they have to replace it and give me a new one. Hey a girl can dream. Can't wait to see you at Christmas and Happy Birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving ( a day late), Holly. Sounds like you have been busy as a bee of late. Christmas is drawing near and we'll at last get to see you, the boys, and your Mom. Sorry your Dad can't make it but he's as busy as a one-armed paper hanger at year end.

Love from Mimi and Boppa